Monday, November 29, 2010

So here's the short of it, 
Today I was at the National Cemetery.

And here's the long

Today my friend Delane buried her Mom.  There was a graveside service at the National Cemetery.  It was in the same pavilion where Dad's military service was held.  Even though there was palpable sadness, it seemed  that Delane was very much at peace with her mother's passing. 

This afternoon, when the funeral began it had grown chilly and was overcast.  The service was a lovely tribute and made me feel like I knew Mona Owens just a little bit. Although knowing that she raised Delane makes me know that she was a fine woman. 

After the service I made a stop by Dad's gravesite - his absence is still such a great loss in our lives. 

So I end the day with my friend Delane in my thoughts and prayers -- and with thoughts of my Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment