Monday, November 8, 2010

So here's the short of it,
Falling back makes the day seem pretty long.

And here's the long

I am definitely feeling the effects of the "fall back".  I slept well enough last night - Advil PM helped out with that. I definitely felt rested when I got up, but today felt like an awfully long day.  Now we not only have early darkness, we also have the cold!  I wanted a bit of fall - my favorite time of year.  But it seems that we went pretty quickly from summer to this intro to winter!

Hershey was out of the yard when I got home this evening, and Sophie was at the back gate to let me know!  Sophie was very agitated and making all kinds of sounds.  It was very apparent that Hershey was not in the back yard, so we went straight to the front of the house and out the door.  There was Hershey on the other side of the circle with another dog.  She came running right away, and Sophie immediately settled down!  I guess it took this for me to see how much Sophie thinks Hershey is her responsibility.

Mom has started using a short squirt of water from a misting spray bottle when Hershey jumps up.  I brought it up to the house yesterday when Hershey came up, and I can already see a huge difference in her jumping!  Tonight she's actually been relatively calm for the first time!  Of course it may be that she was out for such a long time this afternoon that she's exhausted tonight - I really hope not.  I think Alan may have found the place she was escaping and so maybe she won't be able to get out tomorrow!

Tomorrow is an early morning, so I'm hoping that sleep comes soon.  

No comments:

Post a Comment