Saturday, November 13, 2010

So here's the short of it, 
Today was another great conference day!

And here's the long

Another really great day at the conference.  It just seemed that every session I attended held more than just information.  After having been out of pocket for a whole year, it was great to re-establish contact with folks who I only regularly see in places like this.  I'm so glad it was in Atlanta!

My travel companion's husband drove down from Chattanooga for the day and evening so we've split up and I have a hotel room to myself!  The biggest thing about that on this trip is that I'll get to have two cups of coffee in the morning.  They just have those little one cup at a time coffee makers in the room!  It's been a bit problematic.

I didn't get to visit with familly this time around.  My car's battery actually went dead.  Thankfully Phillip boosted me off when he got here from Chattanooga, and right now it seems to be fine.  It needs to get a check up when I get back home!!

Every year when I go to NAGC and visit the exhibiters hall I always stop and visit the whole movement booth.  This year, I finally bought one of the books.  This is an amazing booth that is all about math, art, and science in the geometry of folding circles!  The gentle man who has this booth just amazes me.  And the artistry of folding circles is so astounding to see.  Visit the whole movement website to take a peek at some of his work.  And fold some circles if you are so inclined.  I have a particular student in mind who will benefit from this and then I'm sure that there will be many others in the years to come.

Well, tomorrow I'm headed home.  It's been a good conference, but home is sounding mighty good! 

No comments:

Post a Comment