Thursday, November 11, 2010

So here's the short of it, 
Today is Veterans Day and I'm thinking of Dad.

And here's the long

Today is Veterans Day and I find my thoughts meadering over to memories of Dad no matter what I'm thinking.  There was a program at the cemetery today at 11:00.  I had to leave town at 12:00 so I didn't have time to go to the program, but Valdis did come over to the house and in a spontaneous moment he decided to go with me to visit Dad's gravesite.  Alan was coming back from a meeting in town, so we all met at the cemetery.


 Thanks Dad for your service to our country.  Thanks for telling us the funny stories about the peacock and the farmer lady as we were growing up.  And thank you for deciding, once we were grown, that you should tell the whole story, as you remembered it. 

Thanks for A Name in the Sand. Elizabeth has been laboring over it with great love and in short time the final version will be published. 

I honor you.
I honor all those who have served. 

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful picture! I love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is "A Name in the Sand" work from your Father?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erick, "A Name in the Sand" is my Dad's World War II memoir. We are hoping to have the final ready to publish by the end of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow,that would be amazing. I'd love to know what happens and would love to read it when it came out! I've read your posts about your Father and he sounded like a truly wonderful man. I know you were proud of him, and I'm sure he knew how much you loved and appreciated him.

    ReplyDelete