Wednesday, November 24, 2010

So here's the short of it, 
Wild Dog Sophie showed up today!

And here's the long

I usually take Sophie for a walk in the afternoons.  I take her off leash and we walk around the circle several times.  She runs around and visits other dogs who may be out - she has a couple of really good doggie friends who live on the circle.  She doesn't take off like Hank or Suni would have and we have a lovely evening.

This morning I decided that I'd take her out for extra exercise.  When I let her out the door, I spied a boxer mix who's been hanging out around the neighborhood from time to time.  He's collared - so he must be getting out of his yard.  He was a terrible influence on her this - and I should have taken her out the door on leash so I could establish that everything was OK first!  He was a pretty bad influence on Sophie.  She ran all over the circle and would not come when I called.  She got through one of the two places on the circle that has access to the back yards behind the circle!  She was so out of character!  The boxer mix ran across the circle and into Winston's back yard where his owners had him tied out while they were gone -- Sophie ran over and made sure that the boxer didn't bother Winston too much - but whenever I approached her, she would get out of my reach.  I sure did get moving this morning! She finally headed down toward Mom's house, and I followed along.  She spent a few minutes visiting with Hershey through the fence and then she headed out toward Brainerd Road.  I just knew she was going to get right in traffic and end up being hit.  Then she ran into the yard next door to Mom and the little feisty dog that lives there came running out barking, growling and not giving an inch.  Scaredy dog, Sophie, took off running and finally headed for home.  I was so relieved to get her back home, and pretty baffled about her behavior.  This evening, she had to go out on leash!  We'll have to see what tomorrow brings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment