Saturday, November 20, 2010

So here's the short of it, 
Today was a great Saturday for me! 

And here's the long.

Today I didn't leave the house for anything, I was rather well rested, and I vanquished the clutter in the Kitchen - at least except for the really high up stuff.  All the while, I was working on several loads of laundry, and even made it to the den for a bit of cleaning up in there. All  I think I had more energy than I've had in many, many months.   

Both Liga and Valdis came by for a bit this afternoon.  Valdis is helping out with some yard work, and Liga is just getting over the crud that made her sicker than she's been in a long time.  Her Dad suggested that she sit out in the sun, so she took a book and did just that!  It sure was nice to have them around.

This evening, Alan and I had dinner with a couple of dear friends and it was lovely to have the feeling of having accomplished a good chunk of work - almost as if I'd earned the reward of dinner and visiting with people who share some of the same life views. 

I highly recommend The Big Table.  The food suits me to a tee and it's a small cozy place.  It's a great spot to be with friends.

There was something very normal feeling about today......
             and then there are the foot cramps that I've had all day long as though I just need a bit of a reminder.

No comments:

Post a Comment