Monday, November 15, 2010

So here's the short of it, 
I learned of a new drug today - Xeloda. 

 And here's the long

It was good to be back at work today.  The conference was great, but only great  because there's a way to bring back the stuff we learned and put it to work in our schools.

This morning we had a team meeting to start a discussion about what we might be able to do to prevent our high achieving kids from losing ground.  It's a beginning and we've got some folks pretty fired up!  Maybe we can get some work done on this before the end of the year!

I saw my work friend Amy this afternoon as she was leaving.  We share the same doctor, and the same oncology nurse.  I saw her about two weeks ago and she was anticipating that she would start on some kind of chemo in the near future, as her tumor markers had gone up considerably.  Today she told me that Lori (our nurse) called her late that afternoon and had her come in before quitting time.  She has started on the chemotherapy drug Xeloda.  It's a pill that she takes twice a day.  Actually she takes 3 in the AM and 4 in the PM.  She's having some side effects, but so far is able to come to work every day.  Amy is such an inspiration to me.  She has such an indomitable spirit and her influence kept me motivated all during last year.  I sure hope I can give her even a little of the support that she was to me.  She's already beginning to have some side effects - but this one won't make her lose her hair!  Take a moment and say a prayer for my breast cancer warrior friend Amy!  And say another for my sister-in-law Pennie, who continues her battle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment