Friday, July 10, 2009

Another One Down!

So here's the short of it,
I've finished 1/3 of my "big" chemo treatments!

And here's the long

Today was my 2nd of 6 of the "big" chemo treatments. That means I've finished a third of those treatments. I will have them completed by my birthday and I think that will be a great thing to celebrate.

It went a bit faster today. I got there at 11:00 and was all done by just a little after 3:00. Today, Alan and Liga went with me - Liga stayed until a little after 2:00 when she had to leave for work. The treatment made me sleepy again, so at one point Liga (who got up earlier than her regular getting up time) stretched out with me in the chair and we took a nap together. That was a very sweet time for me. Another time you can imagine me in a recliner with my feet up on an ottoman, and Liga and Alan in chairs facing me with their feet up on the ottoman too. That was another very cozy, nice feeling.

So far tonight I'm not having lots of side effects. I can feel that fatigue coming on that doesn't have anything to do with the way I've always gotten tired before! I'm having some hot flashes and chills - I've dubbed my big black sweater my chemotherapy sweater and it's just the thing. I wear it in the treatment center, and I'm wearing it around the house when I have a chill. I am just a tad headachey, and the bottom of my feet are on fire again! But I promise, nothing is so bad. I feel really lucky that I still feel so great tonight.

Alan's nephew, David and his wife Deborah, and their two sons Noah and Evan are in town, and I felt well enough to go have dinner and a visit with them this evening. It was so nice! I got a good spirtual uplift. Evan who is now four went through chemotherapy treatment for lymphoma, so it gave me great courage to face the days ahead to see him racing around and playing.

So tonight I'm very thankful to Alan and Liga for being with me today during my treatment. And I'm thankful for getting to see so much family over the last few days. I'm very thankful that I had a week when it was really OK for me to go see Dad without worrying about my immunity.

1 comment: