Friday, July 31, 2009

Medicine Adjustment

So here's the short of it,
I'll have a medicine adjustment for my next chemo treatment.


And here's the long

Today I had lab work and a doctor appointment. Have I said often enough how wonderful my oncologist is? Have I said often enough what a wonderful environment that office is.

My blood platelet count is lower than it should be. It is not at a dangerous level, but it is in a downward trend, and my treatment is going to be adjusted. Apparently the carboplatin causes the low platelet count and so Doctor Schlabach is going to adjust the dosage. So I'm guessing that the spots I'm developing on my torso and some on my arms are probably due to the lower platelet count - that's probably the mouth sore origin as well. I wonder if lowering the dosage will help out with some of the other side effects I'm having. We'll see next week!

Shelley and Max are here. He has grown so much! I loved being around him. Alan took him outside and walked around the yard with him for a long time this evening. My brother Russ and niece Elizabeth with her son Elijah are already here. They paid a visit to Papa (my Dad) evening. Elizabeth said that she didn't think anything anyone could have told her would have prepared her for seeing her PaPa that way. I know that having the grandchildren and great grandchildren here will be a really good thing for both my Mom and Dad.

I'm really glad I didn't have a treatment today.

No comments:

Post a Comment