Saturday, July 25, 2009

A New Puppy

So here's the short of it,
We got a puppy today.

And here's the long

I've been feeling better today. I went to the hospital to see Dad. I've been getting a report from my Mom every evening about how he's doing. Today, after not seeing him for two weeks, he looks so much better. His color is better; he has a more peaceful look; and he is growing in strength. Even though his grip is still very weak, I could tell a huge difference.

After we went to the hospital, Alan and I drove up to the Pet Placement Center in Red Bank, a no kill shelter. Our lovely little Suni came from there. Anyway, here's a picture of our girl. She was born on May 5th at the shelter to a dog who is an Australian Blue Heeler with maybe some Border Collie in her. Her Dad must have been a great big guy because she already weighs in at 20 pounds! We got her about 3:30 this afternoon. Right now she and Liga are stretched out on the floor in the den. She is sound asleep like only a tired puppy can be. She hasn't barked yet - wonder if she has a bark. Right now we think she's going to be named Sophie. We'll give it a bit to see if it fits her.

I know some of you must be thinking - why on earth would they want to take on a puppy with everything that's going on at this time. I don't have a real answer just a feeling. All my life I've had this connection with animals. I'd probably be a crazy lady on a farm with 50 cats and dogs and a few chickens and ducks here and there without Alan's more reasonable influence. Anyway, Liga has promised to help out with all the housebreaking tasks and other such the weeks that I am barely housebroken myself! So wish us luck on that!

No comments:

Post a Comment