Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Family and looking forward to a bit of normalcy

So here's the short of it,
It's nice to think that through the course of treatment, I can look forward to so many good days in a row.

And here's the long
Today has been another good day.

My Dad's baby sister, my Aunt Mary and her daughter close to my age, my cousin Lynda, drove down from Harlan, KY to visit Dad, so I got a chance to have a good visit with the two of them. My mother's two sisters are here as well. Aunt Frances has been here for a few days, and Aunt Joyce arrived this evening. It's always good to visit with them. I'm enjoying the opportunity to visit with Dad and am not looking forward to the next two weeks after my next chemo when I will be on limitations about seeing him again. He's making good progress in the few days that he's been at Kindred. Check out his progress at Emily and Gene's blog. He laughed when I told him that I put Mom's name first since we are both girls!

Tomorrow I'm going to go in to work for a little bit. I'm looking forward to going in - this is the longest I've been away from work for a good many years.

We've started talking about getting a puppy or a dog. There's this orange cat in the neighborhood who likes to harass our Lola girl (current, very beautiful tortie cat girl). Anyway, he's gotten decidedly bold since we don't have a dog, and tonight for the second time, he came all the way into our back yard and tried to come through the pet door. Liga and I tried to get him with a water squirter, but really didn't get him.

I'm starting to think I can manage this chemo treatment after all if I can have as many good days in a row as I've had this time!

2 comments:

  1. Dear Lynn,
    I'm so happy that you've had a string of good days lately! The Lord really is taking good care of you. :-)
    I think that going in to work will be a wonderful thing for you but please, please be careful not to overdo it. Save some of your energy for the drive home. If you need me please call~ I'm just at the other end of the phone line.
    As always, you and your family are in my prayers, all through each day and night.
    Love,
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Girl, you are a writer. When I log in and come to your spot, it's with the same kind of concern I'd have peeking in on one of my sick children in order to see that he or she was resting peacefully. Here you are. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete