Monday, July 20, 2009

So here's the short of it,
I'm on the upward part of this cycle of treatment.
My Dad had to go back to Erlanger this evening.

And here's the long
I'm feeling about the same as I did yesterday, I definitely haven't gone backwards on any symptoms. This really makes me think I'm beginning the upward climb on this cycle. I still have to stay near the bathroom, so I don't even want to go out of the house very far even if I could.

So on my no-no list for the week after my blood counts are down or when I reach the nadir are these things: no going into public places where I may be exposed to contagious diseases; no visits from people who are sick, have just been sick, or have been exposed to a contagious disease; no eating any raw foods; no getting my hands dirty (no pulling weeds, or digging in the garden); and of course that means no visiting my Dad at the hospital. So the first week after my treatment, I'm too sick to even think about doing those things anyway, and the second week I'm on prohibition from doing them. Then in the third week, if everything goes as before, my blood counts should be back up; I should be feeling pretty good, and I'll be off all those prohibitions.

My Dad had to return to Erlanger this evening because of the pressure sore on his back. It has grown and become a concern. The surgeon who has privileges at Kindred is on vacation, and his doctor felt like he needed to have a procedure called debridement. This will happen in the next day or two at Erlanger by someone from the University Surgical Group (same group as my surgeon and Alan's surgeon). We'll keep details posted on Mom and Dad's blog.

In the meantime, I'm looking forward to a little better day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment