Wednesday, July 22, 2009

So here's the short of it,
Much like my first treatment, I'm beginning to regain my strength and am feeling better in the second week.

And here's the long

It's 12 days since my big chemo treatment and I'm feeling better, gaining strength and stamina, and having that urge to get out and do something. I'm eager to have my blood count this Friday because I feel pretty sure I'll be released from my house arrest status. I'll go directly to see Dad when that happens!

I'm beginning to get my taste back again, even though lots of stuff still tastes different or kind of off. Looks like I'll have a few days to enjoy before that gets zapped with the next big treatment. I also slept better last night than I have in several days - I'm sure that helped me feel stronger today.

My brother Steve and his wife Pat are here today. Steve will go home tomorrow, but Pat will stay for a few days to help Mom do some things around her house. Mom is also going to help her make beet pickles. Visit Mom and Dad's blog for the beet pickle story. My Aunt Joyce is also down for the evening. Alan picked up dinner at a Chinese take out and we went down there for dinner tonight. I walked back home!

Thanks again to everyone of you who have given me your support in so many ways over the last weeks. The knowledge that you are sending good thoughts and prayers sustains me in ways that I cannot even begin to explain.

No comments:

Post a Comment