Thursday, July 23, 2009

Napping

So here's the short of it,
Not feeling so swell today; slept most of the afternoon.

And here's the long

Well, I woke this morning feeling kind of headachy and blah. Ibuprofen made the headache fade a bit, but I still didn't wasn't feeling very well. Now, I was not feeling sick and not fighting chemo symptoms, but I was just feeling fatigued and yucky. By early afternoon, I stretched out on the sofa and faded into a deep nap. By the time I woke up, I still felt about the same. I've kind of just laid around this evening and am planning to go to bed early! I'm hoping tomorrow I'll feel better.

I have a Herceptin treatment tomorrow afternoon. That doesn't take very long, and I don't anticipate a lot of side effects. It does make me have a runny, drippy nose - and I'm developing some nose sores because of that, but right now not so bad compared to everything else. Some time in the future when I'm annoyed about that drippy nose, I hope I remember how minimal it seems to me right now. I'm eager to get my blood counts tomorrow - I'm anticipating that I'll be fine and be able to resume normal activities until my next big chemo.

Mom has been planning a small family get together for next weekend for a long time (since before I was diagnosed, and before Dad's surgery). It will be much smaller than we had originally thought about, just the children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren, but I'm beginning to look forward to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment