Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Work

So here's the short of it,
Working is hard work!

And here's the long


So, I'm working half days this week. We are on a four day work week so I had to figure out how many hours each day I would have to work to be the equivalent of half days. Done. I decided to go easy and make my half day hours in the middle of the day - reporting late, leaving early. Done. Today I went in - couldn't find time to really break for lunch - and stayed later than I'd intended to. Then I went to Kindred to sit in on a Team Meeting for my Dad's care. By the time I got home, I was really tired!

Maybe because I let myself get so tired, some of my side effects that I hadn't really been feeling this week kicked in. My hands and feet are burning up; I have heartburn; a bit of diarrhea kicked in this afternoon; and I am really spacey. It really snuck up on me. I'm going to work morning only tomorrow. Then get some rest.

This is the weekend for the Howard gathering. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone. Shelley and Max will be here! I haven't seen them except for pictures on her blog since just after he was born. I can hardly wait. I know he's even more in person than in pictures. No, I didn't leave a word out - I really mean just more - more adorable, more cranky, more loveable/huggable, just more of everything than I can even imagine just looking at pictures. They'll be here soon.

I'm also thrilled that my niece Elizabeth and her son Elijah will be staying here at the house with us. We got to know him a bit better the last time we visited and are eager to spend time with them again.

I'm also really eager to get that photo of Elijah, Max, and Madison - the great grandchildren - all together.

I'm so pleased that I can postpone my chemo treatment from Friday until Monday without any bad consequences. That means I really will get an opportunity to enjoy everyone who's here. I couldn't change my doctor's appointment, but that's really just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment