Monday, July 27, 2009

Back at work

So here's the short of it,
Today was my first day back at work since my surgery in May.

And here's the long

Today I worked a half day - lunch with a dear friend sandwiched between the morning and evening hours. Then Alan and I went to visit Dad who was rather unexpectedly (at least for me) released from Erlanger and went back to Kindred late this afternoon.

I liked being back at work. I am fortunate to work with such wonderful people. And it was so great to see folks. One of my Chemo sisters who is way ahead of me on the journey spent some time giving me advice on managing my symptoms. Thank you Amy! I will have to say that I'm exhausted. And I will have to say also that I didn't get nearly as much done as I had thought I might. I'm going to work another half day tomorrow. I think the way I did it today is the right way - part of my hours in the morning, a break for lunch and then the rest of the hours in the afternoon. I think I was in first gear all day today, and that as I get into the rhythm of work, I'll get back in the productivity mode.

I also have to report that I have a beautiful little puppy lying at my feet snoozing away while I blog. It's a peaceful feeling. And Lola cat is cautiously investigating this new puppy. I think it won't be long before she figures out that Sophie can be a good friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment