Saturday, August 1, 2009

Family

So here's the short of it,
A day filled with family.

And here's the long


Today was filled with family. Fairly early this morning, Alan got a call that when the sitter arrived at his mother's house, she found Mommy Anne had fallen in the hallway. Alan went over to check on her and ended up taking her to the emergency room. That was an all day for him. It was sad that he missed seeing the great niece and being with Max and Shelley, but it is so wonderful that he is able to be there for his Mom. She had X-rays, CT Scans, and had the skin from her kneecap "glued" back on. Tonight she is back home and one of her sitters will be spending the night with her.

On the Howard side, by mid morning, the children, grandchildren, great grandchildren and extended family who were planning to come had arrived at MaMa and PaPa's house. There was brunch food in the morning, and then a huge lunch in the afternoon. The babies got introduced to one another. I think I heard a report that Madison pulled Max's hair! That's pretty funny. Anyway there was lots of time to visit.

By turns everyone took an opportunity to go down to Kindred in small groups to visit PaPa (my Dad). The babies were not allowed in the hospital, so their Mom's went in to see PaPa, and their Aunts, Uncles, and Grandparents stood outside the window and lifted the babies up so that he could see them. I think someone got a picture of that - once I get it I'll post it.

Mom has got a small book that she's keeping in Dad's room for people who visit to write notes in. She brought it home and had the family all write a note for him. He will be so pleased.

I'm feeling good today. I'm really grateful that I was able to postpone Friday's chemotherapy so that I'd be able to enjoy the weekend. I got a really good dose of holding Max late this afternoon. He's so alert and such a handsome little boy! I'm lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment