Wednesday, March 3, 2010

A&D

So here's the short of it,
A&D is good for lots of stuff.

And here's the long

I don't have an appointment with Dr. Schlabach every time I go in for an infusion.  I only see him for an appointment every 9 weeks or so and/or if I have a crisis.  But every time I've ever been in the office and he's there, I've seen him either in the hallway or he comes through the infusion center.  It took a couple of times before I understood that he was doing that on purpose to check on me.  Today I was coming out of the lab and stopped by the insurance window for a quick talk, and he was walking by.  He reached out, put his hand on my shoulder and looked me over with that doctor's eye - for all the world it felt as though he had just enveloped me in a huge, warm, and caring embrace.  I am so lucky that I ended up with him for my oncologist. 

Today I was so tired.  By the time I got in the chair for my Herceptin, I just felt a great weariness coming over me.  I really don't know why I'm so tired -- and I've also gotten a chill.  Anyway, I did a bit of research about my fingertip splitting and promptly fell asleep in the chair!  I guess I needed the rest.  I did learn that some people have luck using A&D Ointment to treat this condition.  That will be easy enough for me to try since I bought the biggest tube they had back during the days of chemo and unrelenting diarrhea!  As soon as I got home I put it on.  It seems to have made the discomfort a bit less so far. When I looked it up online I found that people use it for everything from an anti-aging face cream - yes I said face cream - to ezcema and chapped lips.  I never knew. 

 My blood counts are good now.  They are still checking my PT/INR level - and today it was OK.  I ate the three salads that I was supposed to eat, and took my coumadin.  Tonight I've started taking Trilipix which is a cholesterol lowering drug.  We'll have to continue monitoring since it sometimes has a bit of a blood thinning attribute so it is a balancing act to get the coumadin in the right amount with the the trilipix. 

I'm headed to bed a bit earlier than usual tonight - with an extra cover.  Maybe the tiredness and the chill will be gone by morning.  

No comments:

Post a Comment