Friday, March 12, 2010

TGIF

So here's the short of it,
I am so glad it's Friday, because I'm really tired!

And here's the long

This is a real TGIF day! My day today was pretty tiring and I'm really glad to have a couple of days not to have to get up and go to work.  I'm really not looking forward to the time change this weekend.  I don't still have my days and nights mixed up, but it's still much harder to get up in the mornings.  I guess if I just had no obligations, I'd be a night owl and get up late in the mornings. 

Anyway, I'm going to try and get bunches of sleep this weekend. 

It's Girl Scout Cookie time here in Chattanooga.  We stocked Alan up on several boxes of Thin Mints, and got a variety of other kinds that won't last long.  BUT Guess What!  I've found some recipes for making Homemade Girl Scout Cookies.   The first ones I try will be the Samoas!  There's even a recipe for a Samoa Bar Cookie. I don't know when I'll ever have time to make them because they look pretty time consuming, but now  I have the recipe, if I ever have the time!

Mom will be home from her California trip sometime tomorrow. I'm eager to see her and to hear how she's doing. She got into Atlanta last night, and Steve picked her up from the airport.  She's spending today visiting with Steve and Pat and tomorrow Betsy is going to take her to a craft show and then drive her on up to Chattanooga.  In the meantime, she's had a wonderful house sitter helping out so we haven't worried so much about the house sitting empty all the time she was gone.  And of course I've been able to drive by and/or stop mornings and evenings.  I know for sure that Plato will be so happy to have her home! 

Check out her blog to see what she's been up to!

1 comment:

  1. I was driving home today after taking Mom to Betsy's and saw a Girl Scout's Cookie Drive...so I stopped and bought 1 box of Somas (mine & Steve's favorites) so if you get the receipe down, please let us know... Love you lots!!!

    ReplyDelete