Wednesday, March 31, 2010

So here's the short of it,
I'm starting the countdown.  Today was 12; only 11 more Herceptin treatments left.

And here's the long.

Well, I just can't help myself.  I've started the countdown.  I had treatment number12 from the end today, and have only 11 more Herceptin treatments!  It's such a good feeling.  On the other hand, I'll have to say that I've become so familiar with all the folks in the office that it will be a sad feeling not to be going in every week. 

Today Lori and I talked about the muscle cramps I'm having.  She says it's very difficult to tease out whether or not it's the Herceptin or the Arimidex, but she thinks it sounds more like side effects of the Herceptin.  Arimidex causes muscle and joint soreness and pain, but not usually cramps.  Of course we'll have to wait to see, but it's such a good thing to anticipate that when the Herceptin is over I won't have the muscle cramps.  In the meantime, she suggested that I cut the Flexeril in half and try that.  The whole 5 mg made me so groggy that I really wasn't comfortable taking it when I had to go to work the next day.  So I'll be giving that a try - tonight. 

Spring Break is coming up.  Tomorrow is my last day of work before some time off.  I've got a doctor appointment in the morning and then working the rest of the day. I'm so looking forward to some time off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment