Thursday, March 4, 2010

So here's the short of it,
I must have a bug!

And here's the long

I felt bad all last night and didn't sleep well at all.  My tummy was just roiling.  This morning, I still felt yucky, but didn't have fever and knew that if I stayed in the bed I wouldn't even sleep.  Besides, there's lots to do at work.  We were monitored earlier in the year by the state department and we are busy getting all the fixes in place before they get back.  I got a lot done actually, in spite of taking about an hour in the middle of the day to go have an electrocardiogram.  (I'll post more about that when I'm feeling a bit better).

This afternoon I started feeling a lot worse, so I came on home.  Like most teachers I usually work a much longer day than required, but today, I was ready to leave right on time.  By the time I got home, I just had time to get to the bathroom before I started vomiting.  Alan and I were planning on having dinner with friends, but instead I went straight to bed.  Alan called Lori (my nurse) for me, and she let us know that there's a nasty intestinal bug going around that's probably what I have.  But she advised coming off the Trilipix which I started last night and trying it again later. A couple of hours later, the diarrhea started.  At least now my digestive tract must be kind of empty, because I don't have a stomach ache any more.  I'm still keeping my bean bag heating pad on my tummy; it's pretty comforting.

No work for me tomorrow unless I wake up feeling just a whole lot better. I'm going to bed really soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment