Saturday, March 20, 2010

Cemetery Visit

So here's the short of it,
It was a lovely first day of spring.

And here's the long

Yes, I turned off the alarm clock and slept in until about 9:30.  What a luxury.  And another luxury - no one was at home today.  Alan and Valdis were working up in Hixson and Liga is on vacation with a friend in Deland, FL., so I had the house all to myself.  I love that!  I wonder sometimes if that comes from so many years of living on my own.  I don't know, but I do know that it's a real pleasure to have a day to myself in the house.  For some reason, I seem to be able to get things done.  It was nice.

Then this afternoon, I took Mom to the cemetery.  We both wanted to go.  She had been by for a short visit yesterday when she went with some of her lady friends from church to a memorial service there.  She didn't have much time.  So we went by and picked up some artificial flowers - lilies since they will look like Eastertime.  It was nice to have some time to visit the cemetery with Mom.


The weather was so nice today to bring in the first day of spring.  I made it a point to go out in it with Sophie several times.  She really enjoyed getting out and running all around the circle.  Valdis came by and spent a little time with us after he and Alan got through working and Sophie just loved playing around with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment