Thursday, March 11, 2010

Propolis

So here's the short of it,
I have a new salve for a sore I've got going on, and I'm having to think about my hair.

And here's the long

It's been a pretty dreary day here in Chattanooga.  It wasn't particularly cold, but damp and drizzly, and oh so gray.  I was not in the office except for the very last part of the day, so I ended up "out in it" several times.

There was a neighborhood association meeting this evening at Barger Academy for Fine Arts an elementary magnet school in our neighborhood.  We got to hear the choir perform, had a potluck dinner with a really good chicken casserole, and then heard two candidates for the Hamilton County Commission, and two candidates for the Hamilton County School Board tell us a little about themselves. 

When we got home I think we were both just ready to collapse!

I've got a really busy morning in schools tomorrow, but my afternoon is in the office.  And that's a good thing.  I'm looking forward to getting lots done.

For the first time this morning I felt like I really had to "do something" with my hair.  It's not really long enough to brush or "do", but it's too long to just towel dry and go.

I've gotten a sore place right in my radiation field.  It's in the place that was so sore and itchy anyway, right on that bony place on my upper chest, and it's been bothering me especially when I try to go sleep and just get relaxed - that's when it has that little pingy sore feeling just enough to keep me on edge.  My dear cousin, Mia, brought a salve by this evening that she swears healed up a rashy place she had in just a couple of days.  It's called Honey House Propolis Salve.  It's got olive oil, comfrey root, calendula, plantain leaves, beeswax, raw honey, propolis, and Vitamin E.  It's a bit like the unpetroleum jelly I made and am still using except I didn't put all those herbs in it.  I had not ever heard of propolis. Now that I know about it and its properties, I may try to find some to add to my next batch of unpetroleum jelly.  I am going to use this not only on my chest, but also on my eczema spots, and that persistent nose sore that I have.  The nose sore just isn't healing even with my miracle M.D. Anderson mouthwash.  So maybe this salve will do the trick. 

1 comment:

  1. We used to use "Rosebud" salve for sore places. It is another one of the old country standbys and may not be available today.

    Bob

    ReplyDelete