Tuesday, March 30, 2010

So here's the short of it,

I'm not feeling great, but it's been a pretty good day altogether.

And here's the long

I really haven't been feeling very well the last couple of days - it's intestinal upset - not enough to keep me from working or any activities, but just enough to keep me pretty off kilter.  Today I'm a bit better but yucky enough to be grouchy.  I made oatmeal for dinner tonight -it's a favorite for the two of us when we don't really want much dinner; I make that really hearty old-fashioned stuff .  I had read about using different ways to flavor up oats in a healthy eating article, so tonight for the first time ever I tried putting peanut butter in it.  It wasn't good, I didn't like it, and I threw most of it away. 

I'm still having lots of trouble with muscle cramping.  Monday I spent all day long in an elementary school in parent meetings, and I was in one of those hard plastic chairs - they were red.  By noon time, I was having so much trouble. Every time I would get settled into the chair my legs would begin to cramp.  I ended up standing for some of the time.  Last night I was up several times with the awful leg and foot cramps.  Today off and on it's been my feet and hands and a bit in my calf.  It's hard to know how to get comfortable.  This cramping is not unbearable, but I'm weary with it and it may be contributing to my grumpiness.

The weather is warming up nicely.  When I got home this afternoon and took Sophie out for her afternoon constitutional, it was lovely.  Two of her friends were out and she got a nice romp.  The other two dogs are an English Lab and a Labradoodle.  So they have that chasing and catching a ball thing going on.  Sophie likes to catch a tennis ball in the air after it bounces, but she's really not that into chasing it.  She did run about three times, then she struck that "I'm watching you girls pose" that she gets and watched them chase that ball for another 10 or 15 minutes.  She did get enough running around that she's sacked out right now.

I put in a pretty long work day - I'm not doing that so much anymore.  But today it felt pretty good to get engaged in something, stick with it, and get a bunch done.  I've got really good work partners.  That helps make it work.

No comments:

Post a Comment