Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Wisdom from Christopher Robin

So here's the short of it,
Tonight I found some really fine wisdom from Winnie the Pooh's friend Christopher Robin.

And here's the long

So I did it one more time (get up really early).  I was sitting in the parking lot up on the mountain 10 minutes before I was supposed to be there.  Of course I did have a coffee thermos in hand to make it through that early morning meeting.  Thank goodness the course of work at these early morning meetings is meaty and interesting and I'm not at all inclined to be sleepy.

This week we are finishing up gathering up "corrected files" for our state monitoring.  I took the last two I was responsible for getting over to the office this afternoon.  That felt good.  While I was over at the office, I made it in to see two or three people I haven't seen in quite a while.  Getting reconnected after all these months with a couple of people was really good. As I checked in with one of my cancer sisters, she told me "life is terminal".  I loved that! 

I've got these nose sores going on that are quite annoying.  Each time I try a "new remedy" it seems to work for a day or two and then they are back.  I remember in an older  post when I was reeling from a recent chemo treatment, and also had the nose sores, I said that when that's my worst symptom I think I can manage it.  Well, it's not my only symptom, and I can manage it, but I'd really like to find a way to make it a bit better.  Lots of the listservs and online support groups about Herceptin seem to say that the nose sores and nose bleeds are to be expected and lots of assurances that it will go away when Herceptin is finished.  That's not very long!  In the meantime, I also noticed that lots of women complained about acne breakouts.  I didn't think about that having to do with the Herceptin, but I'm glad to know what's causing it.  Lot's of women are on a larger Herceptin dose every three weeks.  I'm awfully glad I'm on the lower dose every week.  I think it might be the reason I'm not getting so many of the other side effects reported. 


 Said Christopher Robin to Pooh: "You must remember this: You're braver than you believe and stronger than you seem and smarter than you think"

No comments:

Post a Comment