Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Herceptin and counting

So here's the short of it,
Today was Herceptin number 40!

And here's the long

I know I said I wasn't going to start a count down until I got to 10, but I'm beginning to get excited!  Only 12 more Herceptin treatments to go! 

I've been having lots of muscle cramps in my legs and feet over the last couple of weeks -  so today I talked with Lori about it.  Apparently lots of women who have Herceptin get muscle cramps or soreness, so it's possible that it's caused by that.  If that's the case, in about 12 more weeks, I'll know, because I'll be through with the Herceptin and it will all go away.  Another possibility is that the muscle cramps are a side effect of the Arimidex.  If that's the case - I'm supposed to take that for at least 10 years!  That will be a conversation to have with Dr. Schlabach at my next appointment.  In addition, it seems that my old lady approach to the stairs may be related to the Arimidex as well as my muscle tiredness.  I'll just have to wait to see what is Herceptin and what is Arimidex.

No comments:

Post a Comment