Friday, March 19, 2010

So here's the short of it,
I've just learned about the Sartorius Muscle from my massage therapist.

And here's the long

Hurray! The weekend is here.  So here's the plan.  I love doing this (I know lots of people think it's pretty crazy.)  I'll let the alarm go off;  I'll turn it off and settle back down into my warm bed space in a sleepy reverie thinking to myself I can just go back to a good sleep - and sleep and sleep, and sleep.

My morning didn't get off to such a good start.  I ended up only working a half day, but I got a few things cranked out.  I'll have some work to do over the weekend to be ready for Monday, but that's OK too.

This afternoon I had another massage.  Kelly worked my upper back and my neck.  Then she worked on that right lower hip and thigh.  She spent some time concentrating on my sartorius muscle.  It's sometimes called the tailor muscle because it enables us to sit in a cross legged position.  Anyway she worked that over really well because the strain and soreness seems to be pushing down as she works the muscles in my lower back.  During the massage today I couldn't really tell that so much was happening in my leg.  But when I got home I could really tell the difference.  It was curious that I experienced a little soreness on the left side for the first time in a long, long time. I know that all our muscles are interconnected, and I know that the problems I have are all related to the surgery for my right side, I just don't know how it's all related.  Kelly encouraged me to try to do some stretches over the next couple of weeks.  I had been stretching and then I had a bit of a set back and it's been several weeks.  I'll try to get back to that.  In the meantime, since I've checked out the anatomy picture, next time I'll know to tell Kelly that I think my Vastus Lateralis needs some work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment