Monday, August 16, 2010

So here's the short of it, 


And here's the long

This has been a lovely day.  This morning early Liga met me for grocery shopping.  It's pleasant to go shopping with her and now that she's moved to an apartment, it's just a nice time for us to be together.  I also went to Linda's - our closeby farmers market.  They had some lovely corn which was one of Alan's requests for tonight, so I got that, as well as a few other things. 

Myra, Liga, and I went to see Eat, Pray, Love.  It was a lovely movie.  Myra said she could have watched it again.  There were lots of moments in the movie - it left me in quite a reflective mood this afternoon.  It also made me want to read the book.  I think it might be time for a visit to McKays used bookstore. 

This evening, we did the eat, pray, love at our house.  Myra, Mom, Liga, and Valdis with his girlfriend Kalie came to dinner.  I found some wonderful wild caught Pacific Salmon.  Linda's Produce gave us the yellow and zuchinni squash as well as a nice cucumber and of course the wonderful corn.  Our little garden patch supplied the tomatoes. Very slender asparagus came from the grocery store.  Myra brought a great broccoli salad from the fresh market.  And Mom made one of her marvelous pound cakes to go with more of Linda's bounty - peaches and blueberries!  Of course the love part, that's the family that we had sitting around the table together and just having a good time visiting. 

Then at 9 this evening, Liga and I had our regular Sunday night television date. 

What a lovely family day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment