Wednesday, August 25, 2010

So here's the short of it, 
My arm is OK. 

And here's the long

I had the ultrasound done on my arm this afternoon.  The technician was delightful and shared some of her life story with me as she was doing the work.  She's had lung cancer, breast cancer, and brain cancer.  I asked how she was doing and she said, "I'm working full time, so I guess I'm doing just fine."  In her last bout, with brain cancer, she lost her job and lost all her insurance, and was evicted from her apartment.  She went to live with her sister and learned how to do ultrasound...and then today came and she was the one.  As she was doing the test, I asked her if it looked OK.  She said that she was just a technician and she wasn't really allowed to tell me anything.  Then she said this - "If when it's all over, I tell you that you can leave, it means I didn't see anything suspicious.  If I tell you to wait while the doctor reviews it, it means that I saw something and the doctor needs to see it."   She did tell me that she could see remnants of the blood clot.  She said that they could just stay in your body for a long, long time and that the body just made other ways for the blood to get where it needs to go.  I will have to say, I thought to myself, "... I am fearfully and wonderfully made".

This evening, we had a visit from Hershey -- she's getting much calmer - at least her bladder is!  Unless I just haven't found it yet, the only pee-pee incident we had was when we went "out front" to walk and our neighbor was out walking her miniature dachshund.  Hershey went running over and Abby let out her biggest bark, and Hershey just squatted in the street and did her pee-pee.  The vet told Mom that it's her way of showing submission.  Anyway, Hershey and Sophie had a great romp for about three hours while Mom went to Wednesday evening church.  I'm glad she and Sophie get along so well!

I went to bed a bit earlier last night.  My doctor asked me if I wanted a pill or if I was willing to try some "good sleep hygiene" first.  I came home with a hand out and am trying to do some of the things suggested.  I imagine, it will be helpful, and maybe even enough not to have to take a pill.  So I'm going to try to go to bed in a bit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment