Sunday, August 8, 2010

So here's the short of it, 
It's hot and I'm having tomato troubles!

And here's the long

This was another really hot day!  I'm eager to have some days with temperatures in the 80's and humidity a little lower!

This weekend is the sales tax holiday in Tennessee - I ventured out to WalMart without remembering and ran into quite a crowd. 

I've lost my Brandywine tomato plant.  It looks as though the same thing got it that got my Purple Cherokee.  I think it might be late blight, but I'm not sure.  I spent a little time working in the garden and so far none of the other tomato plants seem to have gotten it yet.  My black cherry are still coming on like gangbusters!  My zuchinni didn't ever even produce fruit this year.  The squash vine borer got them before I even got one fruit.  My loufa gourd is vining like crazy, but hasn't produced any flowers, so no fruit there yet either.  I wonder what's going on with that! 

Sophie helped me while I was working in the garden today.  She likes to be nearby when I'm outside and we have the gate locked to keep her out, because she will pick the tomatoes if left on her own.  Right now, she's snoozing on the sofa and lifting her head every now and then as if to say - when are we going to bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment