Thursday, August 5, 2010

So here's the short of it, 
What a good day!

And here's the long

Today was our special education in-service.  I know that lots of teachers really hate in-service days, but I like them.  I always have.  This afternoon I got to be a part of a training for a new program we are going to pilot in 16 schools.  I'm so excited about the possibilities for students!  It makes me kind of yearn for a school and caseload of kids and access to the program.  Oh well, I'm feeling like I had lots to do with making this happen. 

I also really liked our opening speaker today.  He is an attorney and the parent of a child with a significant disability.  I thought he really helped teachers hear a parent's point of view and what a good way to start the year. 

I think the thing I like the most about opening in-service is the opportunity to see all the people from all the schools that you run into all year long.  It's good to say a hello and get the year off to a good start by seeing lots of people!

I was reminded of this time last year when I wasn't able to go to in-service because of chemo, and low blood counts and not able to get off the couch!  I felt remarkably blessed to be there today!

Shelley and Max are here!  They arrived this evening and are at Shelley's Mom's house.  We went over and took them a car to use and had a quick visit.  They both look great.  I couldn't get a good picture for the blog, but I'll work on that tomorrow! 

I have my first mammogram since my surgery tomorrow morning and a visit with my surgeon.  I'm expecting to hear good news.  

No comments:

Post a Comment