Friday, August 6, 2010

So here's the short of it, 
I had a really great day today!

And here's the long

I took the morning off today and went for my first Mammogram since my surgery. 

I was a bit nervous that my left breast would still be really tender and the mammogram would be more painful than normal.  I was wrong about that!  In fact, it was, if anything, less painful than the "normal" side.  I had an appointment right after with Dr. Witherspoon so got the results immediately.

My mammogram is clear.  There is NED - NO EVIDENCE of DISEASE. 

I have some thickening of the skin from the radiation and the visible skin especially  around the surgical site is still pink and obviously not entirely healed from the radiation.  But the tissue under the skin is healing nicely. 

I spoke with Dr. Witherspoon about the trial using Lapatinib as a follow on drug.  She was very familiar with the drug and led me to believe that there are some side effects that some people experience.  One of the side effects is GI issues.  I'll have to sort all that out.  Next week I have an appointment with Dr. Schlabach, my oncologist - we'll see what he has to say about it.  And that decision will come when it's time.  For now,  I've had a great day!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment