Monday, August 16, 2010

So here's the short of it, 
Wonder if my arm is just asleep? 

And here's the long

So we are at the beginning of another long work week.  It's so hot - I don't remember gong to school as a youngster when temperatures were in the 90's.  I don't know if that's because of where I lived or when we started school or both.  I wonder what kinds of memories the kids are making now as we start school when the heat advisory keeps them from going out for recess!

Today when  woke up I had a really odd sensation in my left arm.  At the crook of my elbow I have a cold tingly sensation.  I really wouldn't have thought very much about it - except - that's the arm where the clot was located.  The sensation has moved up and down my arm most of the day.  I have a call in to my oncology nurse.  She's going to check with the doctor and let me know what he says.  It's so strange that something this small makes me call the doctor.  In the past, I wouldn't have even thought about calling a doctor unless it had been bothering me for several days. 

We've had a lovely week of lots of family visiting.  Tomorrow morning Myra leaves to head back to Philadelphia and we'll be back to the normal routine.  We really enjoyed Shelley and Max and then Pennie and then Myra.  It was really kind of nice to have everyone coming in and leaving in an overlapping schedule. 

Tomorrow I have a long day that starts early , so I'm going to try to go to sleep early.  I have the perpetual "big eye" as my Mom would call it.

No comments:

Post a Comment