Friday, August 27, 2010

So here's the short of it,
Garden successes and failures.

And here's the long.

I've had some garden successes this year.

The tomatoes have been abundant and have tasted absolutely wonderful.  Right now the TFI's are beginning to come in.  The celebrity are also going and the black cherry and San Martino just keep coming on!  I've also got a great pepper plant!




TFI's (Tomatoes From I_ _ _ _ _) Mom and Dad thought these were the sweetest tomatoes ever and they've been propagated by saving seed for about 10 years now.







Black Cherry Tomatoes  The size and almost the color of some grapes lots of people have said.  An absolutely sweet and wonderful flavor! These are still coming.









And a pepper plant that just keeps bearing!  









I've also had some failures.



 No picture available, because they are dead and gone!  But my zuchinni got squash vine borer and I didn't get even one zuchinni!! http://entomology.unl.edu/charts/sqvinbor.jpg











My Loufa plant is growing like crazy. The vine is all over the fence - probably 12 or 14 feet of fence is covered with this great big viney plant - but I have not seen one flower bud nor one little squash beginning to grow.  I'm afraid that I'm not going to be harvesting any Loufa gourds this fall!  Bummer. 






And finally my two very tasty wonderful large heritage tomato plants - the Brandywine, and the Cherokee Purple, got late blight (I think) and although we got lots of good tomatoes early in the season, I was disappointed that they were gone so early. 


No comments:

Post a Comment