Saturday, August 14, 2010

So here's the short of it, 
It's been a pretty good Saturday, and I'm pretty tired!

And here's the long

Another of my tomato plants has fallen to whatever is getting to them.  Maybe it's late blight. I need to find someone who can help me identify it!   This morning I got out into the garden a little before 8.  I only worked about an hour and I was absolutely drenched!  Sophie, Hershey, and Dexter helped me out a bit.  Dexter sat in a crate most of the time while Sophie and Hershey wound in and out around the tomato plants. 

I tried to nap a bit today, but it just didn't happen.  I've been pretty tired, but I can't get the brain to slow down enough to actually sleep.  I'm envious of Sophie, she seems to be able to just stretch out anywhere and take a little snooze. 

Shelley and Max have gone home.  We miss them.  Pennie is home now as well, and Myra will be here for a few more days.  It's been nice to have so much family around.  It's a bummer that it happened right as work started cranking back up for me, but that's just the way it happened. 

Our zoo is back to normal now!  We had Dexter and Hershey for a few days.  When Liga works two shifts we are still keeping Dexter because he's so small he still needs more feedings than he could get with her gone that long.  And Mom was out of town so Sophie had such a big job watching both those little animals.  Now it's just Lola and Sophie and they are both snoozing away - worn out I would guess!

I'm headed to bed a tad earlier than usual - I hope I can get to sleep pretty soon!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment