Sunday, August 16, 2009

Feeling Better and Tasting

So here's the short of it,
I've had another good day, but my taster still doesn't work right!

And here's the long

I have felt good today - whatever that means in this season of my life! I've thought about that and it actually made me chuckle to think that 2 or 3 years ago I would have said that today was a "feel good" day. But we human beings tend to take what comes and make the best of it I think.

The story today is about my out of whack taster. Mom had lunch for us because Steve and Pat were in to have a visit with Dad. So the only thing on the whole menu that tasted like my memory was whole berry cranberry sauce. Everything else was certainly fine, but not what I want to taste! Tonight I had a hankering for scrambled eggs and a biscuit and some turkey bacon. The turkey bacon gives me my salt fix....I crave salty things, but nothing else tasted at all like what I was wishing for. I wonder how long it will be before my taste returns. My last Taxotere and Carboplatin dose - if all goes as expected - will be the middle of October. Then I'll still have the Herceptin infusions weekly until the end of next July. So we'll just have to wait and see if the Herceptin alone causes taste change. Apparently it does for some and not for others.

So I'm going to work as much as I can next week, being mindful not to overdo. I hope I'll be able to get in a few full days. I'm thinking that as good as I'm feeling my blood counts must be climbing. I'm eager to go see Dad. Tonight my cousin Mia suggested that on the days I can't visit him that I visualize being with him. I think that's a great suggestion!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to hear that you felt good today Aunt Lynn! We'll pray that your taster comes back soon!!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete