Thursday, August 20, 2009

Tired again

So here's the short of it,
I feel like it's been a long day and I'm pretty tired.


And here's the long

I worked a full day today, although I didn't do much that was physically exerting. After work, I went to Kindred to see Dad and then home for a bit. I went to Mom's to have dinner (she cooked her own birthday dinner) with Aunt Frances, Aunt Joyce, and Russ. After dinner we had German chocolate cake that Joyce brought! Frances found two votive type candles and lit one for Mom and one for Joyce and we sang Happy Birthday.

I finally got home at 8 this evening and am just really tired. I hope I sleep well. I'm not feeling rested. I did a bit more research about low platelet counts, and one of the symptoms is a feeling of fatigue. Maybe that's one of the things that's causing me to be so tired. I have a few of the Petechiae –- small red or purple spots on skin -- but I'm probably the only one who would notice. And I suppose that could be the cause of the headaches I'm getting every now and again during the treatment cycle. I'll have a chance to talk to the doctor next Wednesday and see what he has to say about anything I should be doing.

I find myself thinking about all the women in my life who have battled this cancer and come out on the other side and are now doing just fine and dandy. In this great adventure those of you who have reached out to me and told me your own stories or the stories of your own family and friends have given me strength. Some of you keep me going in some way that is just uniquely you - a card, a thought, or just a phrase that I keep in my thoughts that lifts me up and makes me know that there is an army of pray-ers and positive thinkers out there sending a force field of love and healing energy. I feel so lucky that out of this horrible illness, I have discovered such an abundance of positivity.

1 comment:

  1. You are a positive light on your own. We all love you and admire your reflection and willingness to share the long and short of it.

    ReplyDelete