Saturday, August 22, 2009

So here's the short of it,
I've felt good today and am looking forward to a few more good days!

And here's the long

I slept in for a bit this morning and felt more rested when I did wake up. I had a pretty busy day. I spent a good little bit of time with Dad at Kindred this morning. When I arrived Mom and my two Aunts, Frances and Joyce, were already there. As I came down the hall, I could hear them singing. Last night at Mom's house they began talking about the songs they sang while they were growing up. I was able to help them find the lyrics to several songs that they didn't find in songbooks that Mom had around the house (google is a great tool!). It's pretty amazing to approach Dad's door and hear the harmony of the sisters singing.

After I visited with Dad, I did a few things around the house that I've been putting off for a pretty day, and then Alan went to the grocery with me! That was nice. This evening I spent a little time at Mom's. Uncle Bob, Jon, and Tim drove down from Lexington today and had a visit with Dad. They were driving back tonight, so I got in a quick visit. It's amazing that they drove down for a visit!

Mommy Anne seemed to be doing well today. She and Alan were at the emergency room until almost midnight last night, so I know she was worn out.

This evening, I'm feeling tired and am looking forward to going to bed early. But I should have a few more good days. My next treatment is this coming Wednesday, so I'm trying hard to enjoy these next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment