Friday, August 7, 2009

So here's the short of it,
I'm tired and have very little stamina, but I'm still not having the horrible diarrhea and nausea that I had before!

And here's the long

Today has been a long lazy day. I've spent much of it napping, although I managed to be wide awake when Shelley and Daniel stopped by for awhile and even stayed awake to help take care of Max for a bit while they went to see PaPa at the hospital, and I felt strong enough to go over to Mommy Anne's for dinner. But boy am I worn out now!

I am amazed that I have not had the extent of symptoms that I had with the first two treatments. I have certainly slept and been exhausted, and I've had to take medicine for both diarrhea and nausea, but it is manageable! I haven't felt like I needed to make my bed in the bathroom!

I'll have to admit that I'm weary of food not tasting good. Some food doesn't have much of a taste; it's more like chewing school paste. Other things, especially those that have any kind of spice in them, may have a sharp, odd taste that's not good at all. Sweet things are not very appealing, but like my "chemo sister" Kathy, sometimes I find myself looking for a salt fix. This treatment cycle, water began to have a bad taste. And even when I'm not eating, I have a metallic taste in my mouth most of the time. It's really pretty yucky. I'm hoping that the two big drugs are at the root of most of this and that when I'm on Herceptin alone I'll have my taster back! If that happens, I may be able to taste Thanksgiving turkey and pumpkin pie! Wouldn't that be great timing!

I'll have my next Herceptin treatment next Wednesday. I'm messing around with my treatment day to see if I can make the worst days line up a bit better with the weekend. I'm also looking forward to working some next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment