Friday, August 21, 2009

making the best of good days

So here's the short of it,
I felt pretty good today, so I worked a full day, visited out of town company, and went to see Dad.


And here's the long

Today has been a pretty good day. I worked a full day and feel pretty good about what I got done. I will have to say, I didn't hang around even a minute after it was time to go home.

Dad's baby sister Mary and her daughter Lynda came down from Harlan for the day to visit Dad, and I had a chance to see them for a bit before they headed home. They both looked great! Mom's sisters, Frances and Joyce, are still here helping celebrate her birthday today. It was fun for me to be Dad's proxy to give Mom a dozen red roses from him for her birthday.

I went to Kindred tonight and spent a little time with Dad. He's very tired and keeps his eyes closed a lot. But when I got there, he looked directly at me and responded. It's good for me to get a chance to visit with him.

Alan is at Memorial tonight with Mommy Anne. She took a fall and told one of the caregivers that she bumped her head. Elmcroft requires that a doctor take a look if there's a head bump. They have been at the emergency room since about 4 o'clock tonight. I'm thinking it will be quite a bit later tonight before they finish up. 5 1/2 hours later and they have just been taken from the emergency room into a room in the emergency room. They'll do x-rays, probably a CT scan and some labs. It will be pretty late tonight before we really know what's going on.

Tonight I'm going to go to sleep a bit earlier than usual and I'm going to sleep as long as I can tomorrow. I'm going to try to do something kinda for me this weekend in anticipation of my next Taxotere/Carboplatin treatment next Wednesday. I'm looking forward to a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment