Thursday, August 13, 2009

Tired

So here's the short of it,
Wow, I am SO tired tonight!

And here's the long


I planned to work only a half day today in the middle of the day. I got to work a little after 10 with the intention of leaving a little before 3 and calling it a half day. Just before I got ready to leave a really nice fellow named William arrived with the bookshelf and filing cabinet from my Brown Academy space, so I stayed until 4:30 and got them placed where I think they need to be. By the time I arrived at home, I was so exhausted! I just plopped down on the couch in the back room and before I knew it, it was 6:30! It seemed like I only slept 3 minutes. I am still so tired this evening. I am planning to work again tomorrow, but I'm not going to push to get up and get going early.

I'm in a funk about not being able to go see my Dad. He's had another debriding procedure done, and is very tired. My Mom spends most of each day at Kindred with him, and then stops by to give me a report about how he's doing. I hope next week my blood counts will be high enough that I can go see him. I miss him.

Sophie report. Knock on wood...it appears that Sophie is house trained. It helps that we have the pet door and that she can go out into the fenced yard whenever she wants. She has only had 3 accidents. We were super careful to take her outside every couple of hours, then really late at night, and early in the morning to do her "potty business." Liga has been great to take on the late night shift. Since she works second shift, she's up very late and has been coming to take Sophie out for a late potty break.

Lola report. It appears that Lola cat is getting accustomed to having Sophie around. She is cautiously making attempts to be friends with this puppy thing. Suni was so sweet and gentle and old by the time we got Lola that I don't think she ever felt any threat. As a matter of fact it was not uncommon to see Lola ambush Suni from a chair or picnic table as she walked by. This puppy on the other hand is already as big as Suni, but full of that puppy energy - so that's been intimidating. This evening, the two of them had a nice romp with Lola ending up lounging on a low limb in the dogwood tree looking down, and Sophie panting on the ground looking up at her. It was a good go for both of them.

I've got a low level of nausea going on today after lunch. I had tuna for lunch so I'm hoping that it's what I ate and not something else. I'll take another anti-nausea pill before bed and see about tomorrow. In the meantime, I'm starting a round of Cipro for my urinary tract infection. Maybe the UTI is what's making me so tired! I've also got that sciatica stuff going on tonight - worse than it's been in a long, long time. I'll be glad for the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment