Saturday, August 15, 2009

So here's the short of it,
I had more energy today than I've had in a long time!

And here's the long


I have felt better and had more energy today than I have since I began treatments. I hope I didn't overdo, but I tackled a big job in one of the back rooms that was on the list for the summer before I found out that I wasn't going to have a summer! I did pace myself, took lots of breaks, managed to find a way to sit to do lots of what I was working on, and late this afternoon, I even took a long break to eat a Wendy's frosty. I've discovered that is something I can eat, and it tastes pretty close to what I remember from before. Liga just poked her head in the door this afternoon and said she'd be back in a few minutes and before I knew it there she was with a frosty for each of us.

During the afternoon, at one point, I accidentally closed Sophie in the bedroom by herself and I was in the kitchen - all of a sudden I heard this baby crying. It took me a minute to realize that it was Sophie! When I opened the door, she had her paws up on the bed, her head over on Alan's pillow and was just crying. It was not a bark! I also think she grew and gained a couple of pounds between 10 o'clock this morning and 2 o'clock this afternoon! She is getting so big! Maybe tomorrow we'll try to weigh her and see just how much she's grown! She and Lola are really starting to get on. They are not running away from one another. Lola will be glad to have a friend. She has missed Suni so much!

Most of my horrid symptoms were gone today. Of course, nothing tastes right(well, the frosty is close); I've got sores on my head, in my nose, in my mouth, and anywhere I happen to break my skin; and I have no stamina at all. My UTI is still bothering me some, but the Cipro is kicking in and I'm feeling some better from that. My temperature is closer to normal today than it's been since my treatment. The treatments cause my temperature to drop by at least a degree and sometimes a degree and a half. My feet and hands still burn and I have very little feeling in my fingers. But I'm not nauseous and I'm not having to stay within 5 feet of the bathroom!

Mom stopped by this evening to give me a report on Dad. This last debriding treatment has really taken the starch out of him. Check out his progress daily at Emily and Gene's blog. I'm eager to get clearance to go see him.

No comments:

Post a Comment