Monday, August 10, 2009

Oops!

So here's the short of it,
I worked a half day today and forgot to take my diarrhea medicine with me!


And here's the long

I decided to go to work today doing my mid day 1/2 day. I really didn't feel so hot when I got up this morning, but by 10:30 I was getting my computer working and ready to get going. By 11:00 I realized I had made a huge mistake. I had stuck my nausea medicine in my pocket book, but not my diarrhea medicine. So I worked until about 3:30 except a good portion of the time I was running down the hall to the bathroom! Don't you know that tomorrow when I go in, I'll have both medicines with me.

I really feel like I did pretty well. This is the first time I've tried to do very much in the 2nd week after my treatment. This treatment was not nearly as traumatic as the first two, although it has been quite difficult. I'm going try to work an AM schedule tomorrow and see how that goes. Maybe the next day I'll try a PM schedule. The biggest problem in this second week - besides having low blood counts and trying not to expose myself to anything - is my stamina. By the time I had finished my half day, I was really done for!

Today I am particularly grateful for the excellent Family Medical Leave law we have and how Hamilton County has meshed it so well with our sick leave policy. What a blessing!



2 comments:

  1. Hi Lynn,
    I'm glad you are getting out. I am at Normal Park Upper school much to the disappointment of Jill. But.... what can I say. I think of you everyday. I know you will make it through this. I ask God to give you strength everyday. I know it's tough. If I can do anything, let me know
    Arlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lynn,

    I'm getting packed up for my trip to Chatty tomorrow morning. I'm anxious to see you and spend some time together. Love you, pussycat.

    ReplyDelete