Sunday, August 9, 2009

A bad day

So here's the short of it,
I've had a long day of nausea and diarrhea as well as chills and hot flashes.

And here's the long

Well, I guess I jumped the gun about being through the worst of it for this treatment cycle. I woke this morning with nausea. The two medicines that I have kept the worst of that at bay, but kept me sleepy for most of the day. I had less luck controlling the diarrhea. I sure have swallowed enough medicine and now at almost midnight, I may be getting it under control. I've also alternated most of the day between cold chills and being terribly hot. I probably looked pretty funny taking Sophie out in the yard today wearing a sweater and toboggan.

I am having trouble drinking water. It has an incredibly awful taste and seems slimy. As strange as it seems, I've been able to drink a bit of orange juice today. That may not be so good for the diarrhea, but it's kept me somewhat hydrated I think.

I enjoyed having company from Daniel for a bit this evening. He goes back to Colorado tomorrow - it's been nice to have a chance to visit with him.

I am hoping to work a half day tomorrow. I'll just see how I feel when tomorrow comes. I'm certainly not going to push if I'm feeling like I did today.

No comments:

Post a Comment