Monday, August 24, 2009

Surprise, Surprise

So here's the short of it,
I had a couple of lovely surprises today.

And here's the long

I worked a full day today. I was tired, but it was good to be able to focus on work and take my mind off the coming treatment. I was walking back down the hall from making a quick lunch run and coming up the stairs was one of my cancer sisters who is further enough along the pathway to have grown back a beautiful, full head of hair! She had a bag of goodies - the things that she had been able to eat when she was doing chemo - including some special water since she instantly related to my description of water tasting slimy! We had a chance to visit for a little while and it was really great to have her shaking her head in understanding about some of the symptoms. I didn't know I even needed that, but it sure did perk up my spirits!

Then this evening when I got home from work and visiting Dad, I took Sophie out on the circle for her socialization time. (See the neighbors bring their dogs out on the circle and they have a chance to run and play together). Sophie is really starting to come out of her shell! She's not nearly so afraid of things, and she loves playing with the other dogs. It also wears her out and makes her have a good night's sleep. Anyway, the women of the neighborhood have organized a Team Tuxedo for the Susan Komen Race for the Cure. This is the second year they will walk together as a team. They asked me if it would be OK to have my name on the shirts. I was really touched! What a nice gesture. I hope I feel well enough to go participate or maybe even just to be there - looking at my treatment schedule, it might be possible.

So what a lovely day! I'm planning another full work day tomorrow. Then out for the rest of the week. Here's hoping for another good day tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment